Barberton Community Foundation is seeking candidates to fill available seats on our Board of Directors. The candidate must live, work, or own property in Barberton.
We are seeking candidates who could fit well in one or more of the following categories of need and possibly broaden our diversity:
- Experienced entrepreneur with innovative visionary mind-set for the future;
- Professional or entrepreneurial experience in commercial and residential real estate and/or economic development;
- Professional experience in health and wellness;
- Experience with developing or professionally serving in education,
- Professional experience serving in the investment or financial services industry.
Terms are 3 years and board members can serve three consecutive terms. The Board meets on the third Thursday every other month at 5:00 p.m. Each board member is also the member of at least two committees. Descriptions and meeting times for committees vary.
The vision of the Foundation is to strengthen the Barberton community for current and future generations by providing leadership, fostering collaboration, and creating a legacy of giving to do good. Barberton Community Foundation has provided over $100 million in grants and scholarships to the community. Our strategic focus is on: education and workforce/economic development; health and wellness; and arts and community.
If you are interested in joining Barberton Community Foundation’s Board of Directors, please send a brief cover letter and resume by email to Dr. Suzanne Allen, Executive Director, Barberton Community Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 330-745-5995 should you have any questions.