The Barberton Community Foundation is actively seeking qualified candidates for our Director of Marketing and Communications (DMC) position. This position is full-time and reports directly to the President & CEO and is charged with conceptualizing and coordinating the effective deployment of marketing and communications initiatives that build and promote the Foundation’s brand, image and strategic goals. The DMC will play a key role in determining strategic initiatives and marketing plans to prepare the Foundation for the future. Additionally, the DMC will be “the voice” of the Foundation in all areas of media, outreach and promotion of the strategic plan, as well as maintain key community stakeholder relationships with those aligned with the Foundation.
Our ideal candidate is adept at creative thinking and problem solving and is a true self-starter who works independently with initiative and self-managed deadlines. The DMC will proudly represent the mission and vision of the Foundation as determined by the Board of Directors and the President & CEO. The Foundation is an exceptionally fast-paced workplace where an innate sense of pace and urgency and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, will be required for this position. The DMC will be self-directed, proactive, responsible, and able to meet deadline and budget requirements.
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field with a minimum of two-five years of proven success in marketing, communications, public relations, and branding initiatives. Experience working in the non-profit sector is preferred, but not required.
Ideal Skills and Qualities include:
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, creativity, initiative and analytical skills;
- Ability to convince others of the viability of your marketing strategies and decisions;
- Project/event management skills, superior writing and communication skills, excellent strategic and critical thinking skills, strong decision-making skills and solid judgment;
- Excellent communicative, collaborative and interpersonal skills;
- Marketing skills to review content, assess goals, and develop a user-centric information architecture to support the Foundation’s strategic goals;
- A solid understanding of graphic design, web technologies and photography;
- Strong team player attitude and commitment to the Foundation and its vision;
- Strong moral and ethical values that reflect positively on the Foundation;
- Ability to maintain confidential information and demonstrate discretion;
- Ability to manage time, to be punctual and meet deadlines;
- Ability to identify ways to improve established processes.
- All media, marketing, communications and public relations activities for the Barberton Community Foundation including printed marketing/promotional publications, marketing collateral and literature;
- Conduct market research to developing advertising and messaging strategies;
- Conduct the periodic collection of data to be used to measure the effectiveness of the Marketing, Communications and PR functions and develop plans to address the areas where BCF is falling short of its strategic marketing goals;
- Manage BCF’s social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+, as well as any future identified social media needs;
- Maintain the Foundation’s website to ensure that is kept up to date, accurate, fresh, relevant and engaging;
- Ensure that all events are effectively promoted across digital/social media and supported with design and production;
- Take the lead on a BCF event if directed by the President & CEO;
- Help fund holders leverage Community Foundation resources to build their brand and reach in the community;
- Manage strong and effective relationships with outside vendors; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. This position is eligible for a full package of employee benefits, including health insurance, long and short-term disability, 401(k) plan, personal paid-time off, and paid holidays.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by July 3, 2015 to The Barberton Community Foundation, 460 W. Paige Ave. Barberton, Ohio 44203 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.