- Proposals must identify how the program/project is in alignment with the mission/focus of Barberton Community Foundation’s supported organizations (City of Barberton and Barberton City School District).
- Proposals must fulfill the mission of Barberton Community Foundation: To improve, now and forever, the quality of life for Barberton residents.
- Proposals must exclusively benefit the citizens of Barberton, the City of Barberton or the Barberton City Schools.
- Proposals should demonstrate both a measurable need and impact on the community.
- Any proposal for the benefit of Barberton City Schools and its students must first be submitted to the Superintendent for review and approval by the Barberton City School District Board. Only after the proposal is approved by the School Board, will it be reviewed by Barberton Community Foundation.
- All proposals must include one copy of full board minutes noting the organization’s governing body has approved submission of the application.
- If your grant is an annual request, please submit a copy of the final grant report from the prior year with your grant submission.
- Proposal must demonstrate under what strategic granting model of the Foundation that this project aligns with:
Applying organization must be a “qualified organization,” which means an organization described in Section 501(c)(3) and Sections 509(a)(1) or (2) of the Internal Revenue Code OR is a government unit described in Section 170(c)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)(v) of the Code.
The organization must have been in existence for a minimum of two years prior to application. The organization need not have been a “qualified organization” for two years.