The Adult Back to School Scholarship targets Barberton residents ages 19 and above who have interrupted their education for one year or more since high school and are seeking a certificate, associate or bachelor’s degree at any accredited institution.
The Adult Back to School Scholarship increases the level of skill attainment for our Barberton residents, giving opportunities for better employment and benefits.
Criteria and Requirements
- Applicant must have been a resident of Barberton for at least 3 years and provide proof of residency
- Applicant must not have been awarded a Barberton Community Foundation Scholarship for high school seniors
- Applicants must have interrupted their education for at least one year since high school graduation or during college
- Applicant can already be attending school or just entering/going back to complete coursework
- Applicant must be attending/going to attend an accredited institution of learning
- Applicant can attend part-time or full-time, scholarship award amounts may reflect attendance status
- Scholarship applicants must complete an application in order to be considered for the scholarship
- Applicants must have earned a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA average (either high school or post-secondary) IF the applicant has been enrolled in school (high school or post-secondary) within the past 5 years
- Scholarship recipients will be required to meet with a College Now of Summit County advisor
- Scholarship recipients are eligible to reapply for an additional 3 years by maintaining Barberton residency and a minimum 2.0 GPA and must reapply each year
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and must be received at least 45 days prior to when tuition monies are due. Scholarship decisions will be made within 45 of received complete application.
A complete application includes:
- Completed and signed paper application
- Proof of residency
- Letter of Recommendation
- Official high school or post-secondary transcript reflecting a cumulative 2.5 GPA or above (if enrolled within 5 years)
Adults are also eligible for the AAA Barberton Auto Club Scholarship.
For more information, contact Carrie Herman at 330-745-5995.