The Magic Scholarship for Teachers is for currently employed educators at Barberton High School seeking Dual Credit Certification in their specific field.
This award is to assist in professional development for Barberton City School District employees and also provides increased opportunities for Barberton student to access college credits while attending high school.
Awards are available up to $2,000 and are non-renewable. As determined by Barberton City School District recommendations, an individual award recipient may have the opportunity to reapply annually.
Criteria and Requirements:
- Applicants must be recommended in writing by the Barberton City School District and invited to apply
- Currently employed at Barberton High School
- Preference will be given to Barberton residents
- Awardees must maintain employment with Barberton City School District for at least 2 years following certification completion
- If award recipient voluntarily leaves or is terminated within two years of certification completion, recipient must reimburse Barberton Community Foundation in full
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and must be received at least 45 days prior to when tuition monies are due. Scholarship decisions will be made within 45 of received complete application.
For more information, contact Barberton Community Foundation at 330-745-5995.