Scholarships are awarded up to $2,000 and can be received up to four times (when criteria is met).
Criteria and Requirements
- Applicant must have been a resident of Barberton for at least 3 years and provide proof of residency
- Applicant must not have been awarded a Barberton Community Foundation Scholarship for high school seniors
- Applicants must have interrupted their education for at least one year since high school graduation or during college
- Applicant can already be attending school or just entering/going back to complete coursework
- Applicant must be attending/going to attend an accredited institution of learning
- Applicant can attend part-time or full-time, scholarship award amounts may reflect attendance status
- Scholarship applicants must complete an application in order to be considered for the scholarship
- Applicants must have earned a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA average (either high school or post-secondary) IF the applicant has been enrolled in school (high school or post-secondary) within the past 5 years
- Scholarship recipients will be required to meet with a College Now of Summit County advisor
- Scholarship recipients are eligible to reapply for an additional 3 years by maintaining Barberton residency and a minimum 2.0 GPA and must reapply each year
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and must be received at least 45 days prior to when tuition monies are due. Scholarship decisions will be made within 45 of received complete application.
A complete application includes:
- Completed and signed paper application
- Proof of residency
- Letter of Recommendation
- Official high school or post-secondary transcript reflecting a cumulative 2.5 GPA or above (if enrolled within 5 years)
Adults are also eligible for the AAA Barberton Auto Club Scholarship.
For more information, contact Debora Rolland at 330-745-5995.