Annual Dinner and Game Changer Award
We envision an improved quality of life for Barberton residents, now and forever.
2023 Annual Dinner
Please join Barberton Community Foundation in congratulating Brian Canale and Common Threads Closet as our 2023 Game Changers. We will celebrate their accomplishments at our Annual Dinner on Thursday, November 2, 2023, from 5:00-9:00 pm at the Galaxy Restaurant.
Giving to honor our Game Changers
Brian Canale is passionate about feeding our kids. Celebrate Brian’s achievements by donating to his selected charity: the Ben Curtis Family Foundation and their Birdie Bag program. Each Birdie Bag contain 6 meals and 4 snacks. They are given to Barberton City Schools students for use on long weekends or when they aren’t able to rely on a meal at school.
Common Threads Closet is our 2023 Game Changer organization. Their mission is to provide clothing, shoes and home goods to those in need. They are expanding to provide wrap-around services to Barberton’s most at risk individuals, including serving meals on Saturdays. Common Threads Closet serves 2800 families and moves 80,000 items each year.
Meet the Foundation's 2023 Game ChangersEach year Barberton Community Foundation honors an individual and an organization that have made a positive impact in Barberton. The Foundation is proud to announce our 2023 Game Changers are Brian Canale and Common Threads Closet. Brian Canale said it was a shock to hear he had won the nomination. “I thought I overdrew a fund!” He said. “I’d like to thank those who nominated me. I never expected to be recognized.” Common Threads Closet is located at 211...
Congratulations Game ChangersBarberton Community Foundation is proud to announce the 2022 Game Changers: Mike Moore and the Barberton Firefighters Association Local 329. This individual and organization are recognized for their history of service and on-going...
Questions about the Annual Dinner? Contact us at 330-745-5995 or email Kate DeAngelis at firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 Game Changer Videos
About the Game Changer Award
The Game Changer award identifies and celebrates those individuals and organizations who deserve recognition for the good work they have done in the community.
Nominees should be an individual or an organization that has made a positive impact in Barberton through their leadership, vision and/or commitment to the community. Tell us what you admire about them, how they have benefitted Barberton, and acts of service they have performed. Nominees should be connected to the community as a resident, a volunteer, or through their work.
The Game Changer award is traditionally presented during Barberton Community Foundation’s Annual Dinner.
- Brian Canale, Game Changer
- Common Threads Closet, Game Changer
- Mike Moore, Game Changer
- Barberton Firefighters Association Local 329, Game Changer
- Lisa McLean, Game Changer
- Barberton City Schools, Game Changer
- Summa Health – Barberton Campus, Game Changer
- Dorothy Somerville, Game Changer
- The Barberton Area Jaycees, Game Changer
- Bill Aulenbach, Game Changer
- Paula Kallio, Game Changer
- Magical Theatre Company, Game Changer
- Lake Anna YMCA, Game Changer
- Elwood Palmer, Game Changer
- Debbie Shreiner, Game Changer
- Neighborhood Development Services, Game Changer
- Barberton School’s Destination Imagination, Game Changer
- Dennis Liddle, Jr., Game Changer
- CC Supply, Game Changer
- James E. Arnett, Game Changer
- Friends of the Barberton Public Library, Game Changer
- JohnDow Industries, Game Changer
- Medical Mutual, Game Changer
- Milan Pavkov, Game Changer
- Gary Matney, Game Changer
- Lisa Oklish Miller, Game Changer
- Don & Rhonda Wood, Outstanding Citizen
- Terry & Patricia Taylor, Outstanding Citizen
- Robert C. Frutchey, Memorial Award
- Leon Ricks, Outstanding Citizen
- Barberton Sports Hall of Fame, Outstanding Organization
- Art & Laurette Bradnick, Outstanding Citizens
- St. Vincent De Paul Society, Outstanding Organization
- Tom & Kathy Harnden, Outstanding Citizens
- Barberton Moose #759, Outstanding Organization
- Larry & Marty Bidlingmyer, Outstanding Citizens
- Coalition of Concerned Christians, Outstanding Organization
- Dr. Milan Pavkov, Outstanding Citizen
- Barberton Beatification, Outstanding Organization
- David Incorvati, Outstanding Citizen
- Barberton Historical Society, Outstanding Organization
- Kenneth Cox, Outstanding Citizen
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #1066, Outstanding Organization
- Grace Duncan, Outstanding Citizen
- Kiwanis Club of Barberton, Outstanding Organization
- Craig & Elizabeth Wilson, Outstanding Citizens
- Magic City Kiwanis, Outstanding Organization
- Harry Bauschlinger, Memorial Award
- Walter Ritzman, Outstanding Citizen
- Barberton Red Cross, Outstanding Organization
- Royal Wood (in memoriam), Outstanding Citizen
- Barberton Area Community Ministries, Outstanding Organization
- Dr. Robert Littlejohn, Lifetime Achievement
- Gary & Lois Matney, Citizens of the Year
- Barberton Community Health Clinic, Outstanding Organization
- Esther Ryan, Lifetime Achievement
- Mary Frances Ahern, Citizen of the Year
- Decker Family Development Center, Outstanding Organization