Job Opening: Office Manager
Title: Office Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Full Time; Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Available for evening meetings as required and off hours, including weekends.
The Office Manager provides administrative and organizational support to the Executive Director and the professional staff; greets office visitors; handles information requests from the general public; processes information and requests from Board of Directors; provides event coordination including scheduling of space, catering services, etc.; performs clerical functions with regard to preparing all correspondence and mailing of gift acknowledgement thank you cards; assists with community event registrations and sponsorships, maintains the Foundation meetings calendar through Outlook, maintains mailing lists, schedules meetings for the Executive Director, Board of Directors meetings, and all committees. This position is also responsible for all Board and Committee meeting minutes for both Barberton Community Foundation and Tuscora Park Health and Wellness Foundation.
Summary of Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Manages time and prioritizes work from professional staff to meet deadlines
- Utilizes professional communication skills
- Interacts, assesses needs, and supports professional staff and board members
- Cordially receives and works with visitors from the community
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills
- Maintains master calendar
- Prepares and sends Board, Executive and committee packets
- Attends Board & Committee meetings for both the Foundation and Tuscora Park Health and Wellness Foundation, prepares meeting minutes in a timely manner
- Sets up meeting spaces prior to Board and committee meetings, and off-site locations
- Assists with the preparation of Foundation events, including board and staff retreats, and tracks registration as needed.
- Enters and maintains constituent contact information in database
- Coordinates volunteer schedule and responsibilities as needed
- Maintains full functioning of all office equipment
- Utilizes skills with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word applications, including completing mail merges and simple functions in spreadsheets
- Prepares reports, memos, letters, thank you letters, mailing lists, presentations, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software
- Possesses an aptitude for learning new software, including the capacity to learn the Foundation’s database system (Blackbaud FIMS)
- Provides IT support and software application, assists staff with issues, and works with our IT support company
- Creates donor and vendor profiles in FIMS; maintain and update information
- Enters accounts payable invoices into FIMS, mails checks, files AP paperwork, and prepares credit card reconciliation.
- Processes incoming donations made by check or cash following protocol
- Files and retrieves corporate documents, records, and reports
- Assists Director of Finance with oversight and maintenance for all Foundation owned properties
- Uses the internet to gather information, fill out forms, surveys, Doodle polls, etc.
- Provides support for Barberton Community Foundation and Tuscora Park Health and Wellness Foundation grants, scholarships, small grants, and youth philanthropy grants by assisting the Director of Community Impact
- Identifies ways to improve established processes
- Orders supplies for staff and maintains inventory for office
- Maintains confidential information and demonstrates discretion
- Works without supervision, but also does not hesitate to seek advice and help when needed
- Possesses a team player attitude
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Skill Requirements:
High School Diploma required. Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related field or commensurate work experience preferred.
- Clerical: Proficient in administrative and clerical procedures and software, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Mail Merge; managing and organizing paper and electronic files and records; designing and maintaining accuracy of information contained in office forms and spread sheets, and other office procedures and terminology. Knowledge of Roberts’ Rules of order would be helpful, as well.
- Communication: Solid oral and written communication skills with knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar; project management.
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing quality customer service. Excellent phone manner and etiquette required.
- Willingness to learn new skills
Salary and Benefits:
This is an exempt position and the salary will be commensurate with experience. This position is eligible for a full package of employee benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, long and short-term disability, 401(k) plan, personal paid-time off, and paid holidays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the Office Manager. All Foundation personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This position has both an inside and outside job function that is critical to the success of the Barberton Community Foundation. The internal function is to serve as a valued Foundation team member who communicates with the staff and supports co-workers as part of the Foundation team. The external portion of the position is to manage effective relationships with key community stake holders.
It is Barberton Community Foundation’s policy that, as required by law, equal employment opportunities be available to all persons without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other category protected under state or local law.
How To Apply:
No calls, please. Email cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and the names and contact information for three references to Dr. Suzanne Allen, Executive Director, Barberton Community Foundation at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until July 15, 2021.